Sunday, October 13, 2013

Root

Well, my wife and I had a big week.  Our son was born on Wednesday, Oct 9th, 2013. I took a week off work and I'm hanging out with my son...pretty awesome.  He's laying in his bassinet next to me now as I try to sneak in a little dev time.

My current challenge is that Google Play Services does not play well with the android emulator.  Ok fine, use a physical device for development.  Ok, but when I try to adb to the device and browse to the data folder, I get a permission denied.

So I'm rooting my phone so that I have a nice "dev" device.  It's not my main phone, but it's a Nexus S 4G that I bought off ebay a couple years ago for my Tapster project.

So that's what I'm up to.  Learning to be a dad, and rooting android phones.  We are in week 6 of the NFL season so I would like to get the basics in place and get version 1.0 onto the app store, if possible.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment